1) boycott this thing called “black friday”, or is it “black monday”, or… whatever. boycott it. in fact, boycott shopping altogether. withhold your human person earnings from the megacorps who want it and who manipulate you with this “holiday” thing in order to get your money. we don’t do holidays, exactly. we have a Freedom Day, which commemorates our breakout from the evil loft at Red Hook (we shudder!), and of course there is shark week. but in any case, you do not need to spend money to celebrate your holidays! and if you do want to spend, how about with some of the lovely human persons who handmake things? we feature them all the time on this tumblr!
2) take your money out of the big banks and put your money in local small banks or credit unions. do not under any circumstances pay the banks for the “privilege” of keeping your money to use for themselves in their investment games! that makes no sense! that would be like a… a… a babysitter paying the parents of the offspring she is to babysit for! craziness! take your money out of the bank of america, citicorp, wellsfargo, etc! take it all out!
3) talk to your local politicians about doing the same! tell them you want your city tax dollars to stay in a bank or credit union right there in your city! write them a letter! go visit them! email them! call them! go to your local media! find a local-based blog! put up a flier in your local hardware store or church!
4) if you have a local occupy camp, and you cannot participate, see if you can’t donate some things to them to help out!
5) you can set up a sign in your front yard and occupy your front yard! invite your neighbors to come over and chat! bribe them with nosh if you must! put up a big sign and sit out there, and maybe put up a tent and some flags! see if you get police to come! film them if they do! it could be fun!
6) when you watch the news, and watch the footage of police busting up demonstrations, remember: first they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN. your skinny bespectacled human person gandhi said that! we learned that on PBS!
7) vigorously object to being called a “consumer” instead of a citizen or human person.
we are thinking of more ideas! if you have some, post them here in the comments, or send us a message and we will post it here too!